Promotional products are just one facet of a successful branding strategy; they are a simple, yet powerful way to brand your business, and they get results – but not in isolation.
Integrate Your Marketing
Promotional products are just one of the critical components of a marketing campaign – they generally can’t exist alone. Today’s businesses must employ an integrated, multi-channel marketing program to gain a competitive edge, and coordinating those channels takes effort and flexibility.
Incorporating a simple branding message via a promotional product is a great way to drive home your integrated marketing plan.
Putting a Plan Into Place
Here are 5 tips to keep in mind when choosing a promotional product:
Let’s consider a custom flash drive, for example.
- Don’t think of promo items as a cast-off of your program. Think of the product as an integral spoke in the marketing wheel. You’ll be more likely to get big results from a program if your custom flash drive is more than just an afterthought.
- Make room in your budget for the promotional product. Success not only requires adopting a mindset about your promotional flash drive, but you also need to put your money where your mouth is. Money talks, and if you’re serious about getting a big impact with a promotional product, your budget should offer proof of such.
- Create a product that sends a targeted message to a targeted audience. The audience profiles and value proposition that form the basis of your multi-channel marketing plan should also be the foundation upon which you choose a custom USB.
- Determine the end result. There are a lot of ways you can entice consumers to respond to your promotion. Consider whether this your product is a shareable item, or perhaps one that you want your prospects to use often. You can incorporate this message into the customized flash drive branding.
- Know how the product fits into the overall campaign. This knowledge will help you to know the best time to release the promotional product. Will it be in support of a TV advertisement? Will the product support a conference? Or, Will you give personalized flash drives away at a trade show?
Branding your business doesn’t have to be complicated. Determine your marketing channels, and then consider how a promotional product fits into that equation. Promotional products leave consumers with a lasting impression, driving brand recognition and traffic. Don’t let the opportunity to use a simple, yet effective branding method slip out of your hands.